Friday, August 19, 2011

Mama's Chocolate Pie

Chocolate pie happens to be my all-time favorite dessert. It's also my son's. I make it often and it's gone in a snap. I dedicate this post to my mother who made it for us when we were growing up. She didn't have a recipe...she had made it so many times she just started putting it all together and came up with the best chocolate pie known to man. After I married, I was learning to cook and asked her for the recipe. She just laughed and told me she had never measured anything. So, we set out to create an official chocolate pie recipe. She started out as usual and when she thought she had enough of any one ingredient, I would measure it and write it down. We finally came up with Mama's Chocolate Pie. I've had that little index card for 40 years now. A few years ago my son emailed me one day and asked for the recipe. I shared it with him thinking I might have a surprise waiting for me soon.  NOT!!!!
LOL
So, I'm still making chocolate pies for my family and friends...thanks to my mother and her special recipe. I hope she's making chocolate pies in heaven.
 Thanks mama

No comments:

Post a Comment